Day 69 (Tuesday Nov 30th)
"I was just going to recline your seat for you."
I got up at 8am and got ready and packed. For breakfast I had an apple. Alex drove me to the station and my bus looked bit like a prison bus, cool. It was all nice inside and the driver and other passengers were very friendly. The driver told us that a few weeks ago his window had blown in when a big truck had gone past, that was a nice thing to know as we set off on our three hour journey. A guy called Peter who worked at a church tried to talk to me and he was amazed to meet an English person, he even said at one point that he wanted of me holding my passport to prove that he'd met me. I'm now bored of people being amazed that I'm English... unless it's a pretty lady. I tried sleeping for most of the trip but at one point I woke up and Peter was sat behind me just about to recline my seat. I'm not sure what he thought would happen, I'd obviously wake up and say "WTF?!" as I'd have jolted back in my seat. There was a cool bit of the journey where we were going through the snowy mountains and sliding everywhere, I might have been more freaked out if I wasn't so tired. The journey didn't seem to take too long so I must have actually slept a bit. I arrived in Bend only about half an hour late and Max's mother (Tina) and Max were both there to meet me. Max had actually left school early because he was so excited to see me, at least that's what he told his mother. We drove back to the Reisfar home and Tina made me a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I also got to try some of the nicest tap water in the country (so they say). Max's brother Alex dropped his kid Farrin round to be babysat, she's a crazy child and very entertaining. Max took me out for a quick walking tour of the town, my favourite place was called Cat6 which just has lots of TVs and lots of gaming consoles, I think I'd spend a lot of time there if I lived in Bend. We walked some more and when we got bored Max got Tina to pick us up, I didn't realise but we were only about a five minute walk from home, Max has got it good! Max and I played some Goldeneye and then we had pizza. Tristan (Max's dad) kept trying to force beer on me and I'm not one to refuse beer. More Goldeneye followed with some amazing knife throwing action from Max. Everyone was in bed by 10pm so I watched an awful Shane Van Dyke movie called Paranormal Entity and then went to sleep on my airbed.
"I was just going to recline your seat for you."

No comments:
Post a Comment