Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Colorado Part 1

Day 43 (Nov 4th) "England?... Oh wait! You're British!"
I woke up not really remembering what had happened the night before, just that I'd somehow made it back to the hostel. I packed up my stuff and said good bye to Darren, then headed to where I needed to catch a bus to the airport. I just got to the bus stop in time although it required some running. A couple of French girls from the hostel were also on the bus, they were flying to Vegas. A couple of nights previous I'd booked my flight and because it hadn't accepted my card online and I'd had to wait a day the price had gone up from about $100 to $250. That was rather annoying but I had to go and see Tony! When I arrived in Denver it was just before sunset so when I was on the bus I could see the sun setting over the mountains, that was quite lovely. I arrived at the hostel and it turned out there was a hotel/apartment section to it. The guy showed me a couple of the rooms and I decided it would be nice to have a room to myself for a couple of nights. Denver started expensive so it might as well continue to be. It was only $37 a night which was just about justifiable. I walked to Walgreens to get some snacks, bought some fries, and when I told a woman I was English she said "England?... Oh wait! You're British!"....sweet Jesus.... When I got back to the room I saw a cockroach (which I failed to trap) and then I just watched bad American TV until I fell asleep.

Day 44 (Nov 5th) "I'm in love, dude"

I went to the library to use their computers and try and plan my day. I was only allowed an hour because I didn't have a library card but the lady helped me find an internet cafe nearby. I had a lovely mango smoothie there and booked my flight to Phoenix. Mario called me and we arranged to meet in the evening at a pub called Katie Mullins'. It was a really lovely day so I just walked around Denver a little bit. Most of it looked really pretty because every time you crossed a road and looked south you could see the snow covered mountains between the buildings. Later on I met Mario and we decided upon a food place where I got a veggie burger and fries. We went to a couple of different bars and had a couple of beers each, one was called Tilted Kilt and had Scottish dressed waitresses, another was Earl's where the waitress lady was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. She sat down with us for a few minutes and told us that she'd been to London the week before to see the NFL game and she'd gone to a party with Jon Bon Jovi, rather cool. We drank some vodka and cranberry drinks, then Mario had some mash potato. When I got back to the hotel I fell asleep watching Eraser and woke up to Steven Seagal in his Lawman series, nice.

No comments: